This has felt like the busiest week ever, but hallelujah! It’s Friday!
It’s been a go-go-go kind of week from the very start. I started a new online class, we fulfilled a big order at work, and I’ve been working on a very important project while at home. Now I know why I knit so much this past weekend. I didn’t have much time for it the whole rest of the week. I started a couple projects, but overall, not much progress.
Speaking of the weekend, On Monday, I wrote about all of the projects I had on the needles. It is getting a bit crazy. A couple of people asked to see the projects, so I thought I’d take this time to catch up and share.
1. Dad’s Socks: We have one completed sock for dad. The ends have not been woven in, nor has the sock been blocked. I like to block both socks at once, so it’ll be a while. I was hoping for a quick turnaround with these socks like I had with Ken’s, but life happens. Dad’s not in a big rush, so it’s not a problem.
2. Hand Warmers: I made one. I know I really should make another so I have a pair. The yarn is soft and the color is quite nice. The problem is, their improv and I didn’t really take notes. I think I should be able to figure out what’s going on by looking at the first one, but we’ll see.
3. Chunky Cowl: There’s no real rhyme or reason behind this project. The weather is heating up here in Central Texas, so I won’t be able to wear this for months. Still, I’ve been on a stash-busting kick lately. I just have felt like using up everything I have. This is also an improv project. I’m doing the linen stitch (obsessed, I told you!) in the round.
4. Baby Hat: The baby hat is the one thing I’ve started this week. I told mom I’d have a couple of baby hats ready by Saturday, but I’ll be lucky if I just get this one done. If nothing else, it’ll be available to donate to charity!
5. Washcloths: I finished 2 washcloths over the weekend. I used the Leaf Lace Washcloth pattern by Jan Eaton. Overall, I’m happy with how they turned out. Their definitely more decorative than anything else. I will say, the color photographs horribly. It’s a pale green, and even in the natural light, it looks washed out and faded.
6. Plied yarn: Yeah, so here’s what happened with that. I was unwinding my spindle onto the swift. I know you’re supposed to use a niddy-noddy or the back of a chair, but I thought I was being smart. Well, I didn’t tighten the swift enough, so as I unwound my spindle, it began to drop. Very slowly drop, so slowly I didn’t notice it at first. The end result is a very thick, short loop of yarn that took forever to dry.
7. Selbu Modern Hat: I don’t want to talk about it. I didn’t use stitch markers to mark my repeats, messed up, and have shelved the project.
8. Hexipuffs! I made about 12. I think. Here’s my growing collection.
Tonight, I’m finishing the baby hat when I can find the time. My little brother and I are taking cats to get their shots. I’m sure that will be a fun experience. Luckily, I’m making brother drive, so I can knit in the car. After that, it’s pizza and Doctor Who reruns! Then, this weekend we’re going to a wedding, so I don’t know how much knitting I’ll be doing.
Happy Friday! What are your crafting plans for the weekend?